This Protestant hall-church comprising three naves was built between 1406 and 1446. It no longer has its traditional large bell tower, although an octagonal consistory was built in its place in 1690. The early 17C sculpted pulpit and the organ case (1721) are particularly worthy of note. The superb organs were built by the Schnitger brothers from Groningen. The pretty little building with a decorated pediment on the left of the fine north portal is the Hoofdwacht, or guardhouse.