2
Clifford's Tower
Tower Street, York YO1 9SA Trasy
Zielony przewodnik

Praktyczne informacje

Godziny otwarcia:

10am-6pm - during renovation works, possible closures (see Website)

Opis

Clifford Tower was built in the 13C by Henry III to replace William the Conqueror's wooden fort, which was burnt down in 1190 by the people who had besieged the Jews seeking refuge inside. Formerly occupied by a two-storey apartment building, which was destroyed in the 17C, the inner courtyard is now empty. Major renovation works are currently under way and a new Visitor Centre is slated to open in the coming years.

Lokalizacja

  • Trasa od tego miejsca
  • Trasa do tego miejsca
  • Trasa przez to miejsce
  • Hotele w pobliżu
  • Restauracje w pobliżu

Atrakcje turystyczne w pobliżuAtrakcje turystyczne w pobliżu

Hotele w pobliżuHotele w pobliżu

Restauracje w pobliżuRestauracje w pobliżu