This church was consecrated to the Saxon apostle Lebuin. The Romanesque church, founded in the 8C, was transformed in 1235 and then in the 15C in the Gothic style. On the west side of this vast building is a tower (which affords a lovely view of Deventer) with a wooden lantern on top, constructed by H de Keyser; the carillon is by Hemony. The interior bears the traits of a hall church. Note the 16C painting of The Climb to Calvary in the porch near the tower as well as the Romanesque crypt (1040).