This long square is bordered by the courthouse and the headquarters of the Gueldre government, the het Huis der Provincie, at the rear. This sober building was rebuilt in 1954 by J.J.M. Vegter after being destroyed in the war. The fortified port - the Sabelspoort- is right next to it. Remodelled in 1645, it is all that is left of the town's ramparts.